The Littmann Cardiology S.T.C. stethoscope's innovative design allows easy movement and handling by the healthcare provider while still providing outstanding acoustics.
The tunable diaphragm allows the user to conveniently alternate between low- and high-frequency sounds by applying a simple pressure on the chestpiece.
- Attractive chestpiece is easy to grasp in multiple hand positions.
- Provides outstanding acoustics.
- Single-sided chestpiece provides both bell and diaphragm frequency responses.
- Dual-lumen design eliminates tube noise artifact from two tubes rubbing together.
- Excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit with patented 3M™ Littmann® Snap Tight Soft-Sealing Eartips.
- Comfortably angled, anatomically correct headset.
- Patient-friendly, nonchill rim.
- Six-year warranty.
- Used as a diagnostic aid as part of the physical assessment of a patient.
- Recommended for cardiology and high performance adult and pediatric use.
3M™ Littmann® Cardiology S.T.C. Stethoscopes
Commonly Asked Questions
What is a tunable diaphragm, and where is the bell on the Cardiology S.T.C.
A tunable diaphragm gives the user the option of listening to low- and
high-frequency sounds, simply by adjusting the amount of pressure applied at the site of auscultation. It is not necessary to lift the chestpiece from the patient, index the stem of the chestpiece and reposition. Rather, use light contact with the chestpiece to hear low-frequency sounds (bell mode). Use firm pressure to hear high-frequency sounds (diaphragm mode).
What are the advantages of tunable technology?
Convenience, and the fact that when listening to low-frequency sounds there is a
slight increase in amplitude.
What are the advantages of the Cardiology S.T.C. over the other models? Why should I pay more?
The Cardiology S.T.C. is considered a top-of-the-line model within the Littmann product line. Much of it is hand-assembled. The design and materials used offer the best in sound quality, specifically in the low-frequency ranges. It also carries a six-year warranty that guarantees no-charge repair service within that timeframe.
Why should I upgrade to the Cardiology S.T.C.?
If you are not sure that you are hearing everything that you need to in your practice, this stethoscope offers the best in acoustic response.
What is the advantage to the oval design?
The easy-to-grasp chestpiece allows for easy movement between auscultation sites.
I am worried about spending a lot on a stethoscope and then having it stolen. Can you guarantee against theft?
® Stethoscopes do not guarantee against theft. In 1998, we began to serialize most models of stethoscopes. The engraved number on the chestpiece enables the owner to identify a specific stethoscope as the one they purchased. 3M™ Littmann ® Stethoscopes do not keep records on this. It is up to the individual to record the serial number in their own records. Littmann also offers a snap-on identification tag that needs to be cut off for removal.