The chestpiece is designed for better orientation around blood-pressure cuffs and body contours, and provides clear, reliable acoustic performance. Patented 3M™ Littmann® Snap Tight Soft-Sealing Eartips provide an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
Plus, the tunable diaphragm, for easy low- and high-frequency monitoring, and lightweight design add even more convenience for entry-level stethoscope users. Available in six tubing colors.
- Unique chestpiece shape designed for better orientation around blood-pressure cuffs and body contours.
- Patented 3M™ Littmann® Snap Tight Soft-Sealing Eartips provide an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
- Tunable diaphragm allows the user to conveniently alternate between low- and high-frequency sounds without turning over the chestpiece.
- Combination bell/diaphragm chestpiece provides clear, reliable acoustic performance and easy low- and high-frequency monitoring.
- Lightweight design for easy portability.
- Anatomically angled headset ensures proper fit.
- Patient-friendly, nonchill rim.
- Single-lumen tubing available in six colors.
- Two-year warranty.
- Used for limited physical assessment and blood pressure of a patient.
3M™ Littmann® Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscopes
Commonly Asked Questions
What is a tunable diaphragm, and where is the bell on the Lightweight II S.E.
A tunable diaphragm gives the user the option of listening to low- and
high-frequency sounds, simply by adjusting the amount of pressure applied at the site of auscultation. It is not necessary to lift the chestpiece from the patient, index the stem of the chestpiece and reposition. Rather, use light contact with the chestpiece to hear low-frequency sounds (bell mode). Use firm pressure to hear high-frequency sounds (diaphragm mode).
What are the advantages of tunable technology?
Convenience, versatility, and enhanced acoustics. When listening to low-frequency sounds there is a slight increase in amplitude.
What is the advantage to the oval design?
The oval design allows for better orientation around blood-pressure cuffs and body contours. The easy-to-grasp chestpiece allows for easy movement between auscultation sites.